Department: Medical Surgical
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day Shift
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 48
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have a new opening for an experienced Inpatient Unit Clerk. This position is located at York Hospital in York, Maine.
The Unit Clerk is responsible for:
- Answering call bells at the nursing station and directing calls to appropriate staff members
- Make sure patient assignments are matched up with the correct nurse and their phone extension
- Processing physician orders
- Preparing charts for admissions and discharges
- Coordinating transport for patients with other departments
- Answering Phones and other General Office duties
In order to continue to provide exceptional patient experiences, we need you to have the following:
- Minimum (1) years of Unit Clerk and/or medical office experience.
- Be self directed
- Have excellent customer service and computer skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment all while having great attention to detail.
- Medical terminology.
York Hospital is and Equal Opportunity Employer.