Department: Care Facilitation Services – York Hospital
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 8 to 4:30 (flexible)
Hours / Pay Period: variable
At York Hospital, we’re more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers’ commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We are currently seeking a Social Worker/Case Manager for our York Maine facility.
Primary expectations for the Social Worker/ Case Manager include:
• Establishing discharge planning services with the patient, family members, practice, and multidisciplinary care team.
• Screening all patients for clinical, psychosocial, financial and operational factors that may affect the progression of care and through the use of identification criteria.
• Stratifying patients at risk/ barriers/ strengths or in need of case management services.
• Providing crisis intervention, counseling, and community resources as well as assistance with insurance/entitlements as needed to support the psycho/social needs of the patient and ensure successful care transition.
• Practicing in all facets of the case management process in accordance with scopes of practice as defined by state licensing regulations.
• Graduate of an accredited 4 year degree program.
• Current (and in good standing) license to practice as an licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (preferred) by an accredited licensure board.
• A minimum of 3 years experience, ideally in an acute hospital setting as a social worker in Case Management or Discharge Planning capacity.