Department: Respiratory Care
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Night Shift
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 48
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Respiratory Care Practitioner.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner evaluates and participates in a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures for patients with respiratory related difficulties in accordance with physician's orders. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides advanced level of care, assessment and education in Respiratory Therapy.
- Evaluates, monitors and controls complex life support systems that ventilate acute or chronically ill patients. Performs the more complex respiratory therapy mechanical ventilator procedures to include pressure and volume control and other modes of continuous ventilation.
- Participates as a member of the cardiac arrest team and responds to emergencies.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences, we're looking for you to have these skills:
- An active Maine Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- BLS certified (ACLS and NRP to be obtained within 1 year).
- A minimum of (2) years Respiratory Care experience.
Sleep Lab experience preferred.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.