Department: Home Care – Long Sands
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 8-5 M-F
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Rehabilitation Coordinator.
The Rehabilitation Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Home Care and is responsible for patient care coordination and delivery of exceptional home care services. The Rehabilitation Coordinator will provide oversight of patient care services and personnel including: making patient care and personnel assignments; coordinating patient care; coordinating referrals; assuring that patient needs are continually assessed, and; assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care. The Rehabilitation Coordinator will participate in patient care delivery as needed and will strive to ensure that patients and families receive the highest standard of care.
• Provide oversight of schedules of professional and paraprofessional staff and assure adequate staffing coverage and that productivity expectations are maintained for clinical staff.
• Coordinate and conduct multi-discipline patient care conferences.
• Evaluate quality of care by participating in clinical record review, co-visits with field staff and other quality initiatives
• Adhere to documentation standards per clinical standards of practice, CMS, state and federal regulations and York Hospital guidelines.
• Promotes staff development by participating in new staff orientation and staff education initiatives.
• Works cooperatively and demonstrates good communication skills with referral sources, physicians, patients, families, York Hospital staff, teammates, and others to assure efficient delivery of patient care.
• Participate in the employee evaluation process and assures all staff have documented competencies.
• Demonstrates professionalism in interaction with co-workers and clients.
• Able to handle sensitive or emergency situations with a calm and reassuring demeanor.
• Provides patient care visits as needed and meets productivity expectations.
• Assures compliance to home care related regulations (e.g., Medicare Conditions of Participation, Maine Home Care regulations, OASIS regulations, etc.)
• Demonstrate leadership skills to engage a multi-disciplinary team to achieve successful patient outcomes, exceed patient expectations and strive for clinical superiority.
• Other duties as assigned.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences, we are looking for a candidate with the following:
• Registered and Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State of Maine
• Current CPR certification
• Three years’ experience as a Physical Therapist with at least one year home health experience.
• Supervisory/Management experience preferred.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.