Department: Physician Practice Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Shift
On-Call Requirements: Yes
Benefit Eligible: No
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: per diem
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse. This is a per diem, float position working in York Hospital Physician Practices.
The RN will be responsible for the following:
• Performing various data entry and information retrieval tasks using computerized patient record systems.
• Performing initial patient work-ups, including showing patient to exam room, taking personal and medical histories, taking blood pressure and pulse readings, measuring height and weight etc. and entering it into the EMR.
• Prepare and ensure proper handling of lab specimens such as cultures and send to lab.
• Administer medications per provider direction.
• Screen, sort, and distribute imaging and lab reports. Enter labs in patient health record.
• Draw up in-house injections and immunizations as ordered by physicians.
In order to continue to provide exceptional patient/customer experiences, we will need you to have the following:
• Minimum (1) or more years of Medical Office RN experience.
• Experience with computerized medical records
• Strong oral communication skills
• State of Maine, NH or Compact RN License and BLS Certification