Department: Medical Surgical
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 7 am – 7:30 pm- Variable Days
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 72
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
We are seeking a TELEMETRY/MED-SURG RN to join our Medical Surgical Care Team!
The Med Surg Nurse is a professional Registered Nurse who must be comfortable caring for patients on telemetry with acute strokes, cardiac diseases, post coronary interventions, orthopedic/general surgeries, and medical patients.
The Medical/Surgical Telemetry department includes two units with 24 and 14 beds with telemetry monitoring. We are looking for dynamic and exceptional Nurses to join our team who are passionate about delivering exceptional patient centered care in close collaboration with patients, family members, hospitalists, and other members of the healthcare team.
As a York Hospital Med Surg RN you will:
- Assess, coordinate, and participate in the total care and teaching for a specific patient
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed assistive personal
- Maintain the highest standards of nursing practice in the clinical setting
- Create exceptional patient/family experiences during the delivery of care
- Develop and update the care plan in collaboration with the patient, family, and hospital team
- Individualize teaching plans to meet the specific needs of the patient
Education requirements: BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred; RN program completion
Experience: 1 – 2 years nursing experience in practice setting
Licensure: ME or compact RN license BLS required
Certification: BLS required; Completion of Basic Dysrhythmia course preferred; ACLS preferred