Department: Medical Surgical
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day Shift
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 48
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, We are a Community. For Life.
The Med Surg Nurse is a professional Registered Nurse who must be comfortable caring for patients on telemetry with acute strokes, cardiac diseases, post coronary interventions, orthopedic/general surgeries, and medical patients. The Medical/Surgical Telemetry department includes two units with 24 and 14 beds with telemetry monitoring. We are looking for dynamic and exceptional Nurses to join our team who are passionate about delivering exceptional patient centered care in close collaboration with patients, family members, hospitalists, and other members of the healthcare team.
As a York Hospital Med Surg RN you will:
- Assess, coordinate, and participate in the total care and teaching for a specific patient
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed assistive personal
- Maintain the highest standards of nursing practice in the clinical setting
- Create exceptional patient/family experiences during the delivery of care
- Develop and update the care plan in collaboration with the patient, family, and hospital team
- Individualize teaching plans to meet the specific needs of the patient
York Hospital is located in the historic village of York on the southern coast of Maine and boasts miles of sandy beaches, picturesque hiking and biking trails, outlet shopping at its best and many family oriented activities.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional care we require:
- Minimum (1) year of nursing experience in an acute care setting
- An active RN License
- Current BLS Certification and ACLS required within 12 months of hire