Department: Family Care
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 72
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES!
We are seeking a Family Care Nurse to join our Family Care Team!
The Family Care Nurse is a professional Registered Nurse who is accountable for the delivery of quality patient care. This includes:
- Assessing, coordinating and participating in the total care and teaching for a specific patient.
- Making sure that Patient Care is delivered in collaboration with the patient, family members, physicians, peers and other members of the healthcare team.
- The nurse maintains the highest standards of nursing practice in the clinical setting and is responsible for creating exceptional patient/family experiences during the delivery of care.
Education requirements: RN program completion required; BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred
Experience: 1 – 2 years nursing experience in practice setting
Licensure: ME or compact RN license BLS required
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- BLS within 120 days of hire, and maintain while in position.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP) six months from date of hire, and maintain while in position.
- Basic fetal monitoring class within 3 months of hire for novice nurses on L&D. Advanced fetal monitoring class/certification within 1 year of hire and maintain while in position.
- Highly encouraged to achieve PALS, STABLE, ACLS, and National Certification in area of specialization and maintain while in position.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.