Department: Interventional Radiology
Schedule: Full Time 40hrs/wk
Shift: Day Shift
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We currently have a new opportunity for an experienced Interventional Radiology RN. This is a per diem position working as needed and is located in York, Maine.
The Interventional Radiology RN functions independently in the IR Department, providing nursing care to patients undergoing a variety of Interventional Radiology procedures.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Will provide light to moderate intravenous sedation under the direction of the Interventional Radiologist.
- Provides pre-procedure teaching and assures physician orders are done prior to procedure.
- Circulates and records cases.
- Admits and recovers post-procedure patients when needed.
- Provides follow up care and keeps patients safe and calm while assisting physician.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional care, we are looking for those candidates who have the following experience:
- Minimum (2) years of Interventional Radiology RN and/or IV Sedation experience.
- An active RN License.
- ACLS, BLS & PALS Certifications, preferred
- Current certification in Critical Care and a BSN is preferred.