Department: Internal Medicine of York
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M, T, Thur, Fri – 8:00 to 4:30
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 64
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
We are seeking an Internal Medicine RN with our Internal Medicine Team!
The Registered Nurse position requires the following skills:
- Ability to apply proficient telephone nursing triage and customer service skills acting as a liaison between patients, providers, and the care team to provide exceptional patient experiences.
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt to the dynamics of a constantly changing health care environment and practice setting.
- Ability to provide assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in office specific procedural skills and treatments, patient/caregiver education, and act as patient advocate in the delivery and coordination of patient care.
- May process pre-authorizations and prescription refills as appropriate.
- Ability to manage a number of patients needs at the same time with high energy and organization as a team player.
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers, Physicians, Practice Manager, clinical staff, and support staff regarding practice and patient needs.
Education requirements: RN program completion required; BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred
Experience: 1 year nursing experience
Licensure: ME or compact RN license
Certification: BLS required