Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Variable hours
On-Call Requirements: n/a
Benefit Eligible: No
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 8
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
We are seeking an ICU RN to join our ICU Team!
The ICU Nurse is a professional Registered Nurse who is accountable for the delivery of quality patient care. This includes:
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of critically ill medical and surgical adolescent/adult patients. Provides acute stroke care per protocols. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by others in the department. Collaborates with Physician/providers to evaluate patient readiness for transfer out of critical care environment. Accepts medical-surgical and telemetry overflow patients as necessary.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- BLS within 120 days of hire, and maintain while in position
- ACLS within 1 year of hire and maintain while in position
- 1 year current hospital nursing preferred
Other Position Expectations
- Ability to interpret and operate cardiac and other invasive and noninvasive monitors, recognize normal/abnormal rhythms /trends, and institute appropriate interventions
- Attend in house codes, RRT and Stroke calls as required
- Maintain competency in:
- Caring for patients with complex needs including hemodynamically compromised, acute stroke and mechanically ventilated patients
- Initiating and maintain complex IV therapy, including thrombolytic administration, vasoactive medications, central IV catheters, dialysis catheters and arterial lines
- Safe use of less invasive, life supporting modalities i.e. BiPAP, ETCO2, arterial pressure based CO/CI and SVO2 monitor, core temperature monitors
- Cares for complex, chemically paralyzed patients and monitors appropriately utilizing Train of Four (TOF) and BIS monitoring systems
- Monitors and cares for critically ill patients undergoing treatment with EKOS catheters, and IABP (Balloon Pump)
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.