Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 7:00 am – 7:30 pm – Variable Days
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 48
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES!
We are seeking an ICU RN to join our ICU Team!
The ICU Nurse is a professional Registered Nurse who is accountable for the delivery of quality patient care. This includes:
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of critically ill medical and surgical adolescent/adult patients. Provides acute stroke care per protocols. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by others in the department. Collaborates with Physician/providers to evaluate patient readiness for transfer out of critical care environment. Accepts medical-surgical and telemetry overflow patients as necessary.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- BLS within 120 days of hire, and maintain while in position
- ACLS within 1 year of hire and maintain while in position
- 1 year current hospital nursing preferred
Other Position Expectations
- Ability to interpret and operate cardiac and other invasive and noninvasive monitors, recognize normal/abnormal rhythms /trends, and institute appropriate interventions
- Attend in house codes, RRT and Stroke calls as required
- Maintain competency in:
- Caring for patients with complex needs including hemodynamically compromised, acute stroke and mechanically ventilated patients
- Initiating and maintain complex IV therapy, including thrombolytic administration, vasoactive medications, central IV catheters, dialysis catheters and arterial lines
- Safe use of less invasive, life supporting modalities i.e. BiPAP, ETCO2, arterial pressure based CO/CI and SVO2 monitor, core temperature monitors
- Cares for complex, chemically paralyzed patients and monitors appropriately utilizing Train of Four (TOF) and BIS monitoring systems
- Monitors and cares for critically ill patients undergoing treatment with EKOS catheters, and IABP (Balloon Pump)
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.