Department: Family Care
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 72
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
We are seeking a Family Care Nurse to join our Family Care Team! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES!
The Family Care Nurse is a professional Registered Nurse who is accountable for the delivery of quality patient care. This includes:
- Assessing, coordinating and participating in the total care and teaching for a specific patient.
- Making sure that Patient Care is delivered in collaboration with the patient, family members, physicians, peers and other members of the healthcare team.
- The nurse maintains the highest standards of nursing practice in the clinical setting and is responsible for creating exceptional patient/family experiences during the delivery of care.
Education requirements: RN program completion required; BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred
Experience: 1 – 2 years nursing experience in practice setting
Licensure: ME or compact RN license BLS required
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- BLS within 120 days of hire, and maintain while in position.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP) six months from date of hire, and maintain while in position.
- Basic fetal monitoring class within 3 months of hire for novice nurses on L&D. Advanced fetal monitoring class/certification within 1 year of hire and maintain while in position.
- Highly encouraged to achieve PALS, STABLE, ACLS, and National Certification in area of specialization and maintain while in position.
York Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.