Department: Cardiovascular Care – Newington
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 5-8 hr days Monday – Friday
On-Call Requirements: n/a
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We currently have a full time opportunity for an experienced RN to work at our Cardiovasuclar Care location in Newington, NH.
This RN will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with the Provider and front office to provide care to their patients
- Performing various data entry and information retrieval tasks using computerized patient record systems
- Telephone triage, being the go-between for patients and providers assessing to the extent of their license.
- Obtaining prior authorizations if needed
- Creating telephone encounters for the providers
- Enter lab data in the computer for the provider
- Ready prescription information for provider and refill prescriptions authorized by provider
- Follow- up on test results by scanning in patient charts, routing to physician for review and following up with patients as appropriate to schedule further appointments or consultations, give out/send prescriptions prepared by physician etc
- Entering patient results into EMR both by scanning and some manual entry.
- Perform EKG's
Qualified Candidates will have the following:
- High School diploma
- RN license and associated education
- Cardiology Experience
- Experience in computerized medical records preferred
- Strong oral communication skills/triage skills
- To be able to work effectively with others to provide patient
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.