Department: Caregiver Experiences
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M – F 8:30 – 5:00
On-Call Requirements: no
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 40
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have an opening for an experienced Recruiter. This is a full time, salaried position working in our Human Resources team at York Hospital. The hours for this position are M-F 8:00am-5:00pm.
The Recruiter is responsible for the following:
- Respond to applicant questions, via e-mail, phone and in person
- Process resumes and employment applications
- Place all job openings on our website, and other selected sites.
- Follow up with hiring teams on position openings, description of opening, updates on interviews and status on hiring
- Process criminal records checks, and notify managers if such checks are problematic
- Attend Job/Career Fairs
- Contact Staffing Agencies when a need arises, send resumes to hiring manager and coordinate rate and start date
- Negotiate and maintain all Staffing Agency Contracts and Candidate Profiles/Files
- Conduct new staff orientation sessions
This position functions as part of a team, receiving general guidance and direction from the Leader of Human Resources. Employees in this classification interact with a large number of members of the Hospital Community.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associates Degree in Communications, Business or Human Resource Management, Bachelor's preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency in use of Word ability to manipulate databases, proficiency in Excel, & HRIS systems, preferably Ceridian's products.
- Able to function effectively in a large, complex, and fast paced environment
- Good time management skills
- Able to deal effectively with a wide range of hospital staff
- Possess the meeting skills, facilitation skills, listening skills, and other related skills to be able to function effectively as part of a team in a team based organizational environment
- Possess strong task management and multi-tasking skills