Department: Imaging – York Hospital
Schedule: Full Time 40hrs/wk
Shift: Night Shift
Hours: Overnights Mon, Tues, Wed, Thrs
Hours / Pay Period: 40
At York Hospital, we’re more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers’ commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
Under the supervision and guidance of radiologists, emergency department nurses, and emergency room providers, the employee in this role will serve as a radiologic technologist as well as provide clinical and non-clinical support to the emergency department.
Some essential job duties include:
• Perform a variety of tasks involved in operating x-ray equipment
• Explain x-ray procedures to patients and families
• Monitor accessory equipment and assist the physician with fluoroscopic procedures and special radiographic procedures
• Provide appropriate paperwork (patient history, consent forms,
• Demonstrates flexibility and proficiency to support departmental needs including, the ER, OR, CT, and Imaging
• Perform safe, accurate and customer focused initial patient intake
• Assist in care of critically ill/injured patients; function effectively in emergent situations by serving as primary runner
• Re-stock rooms with necessary and when needed assist in the cleaning and turning over of patient care rooms
• When necessary serve in the role of sitter with those patients requiring sitter monitoring for safety.
• Associates degree in radiography or certificate from two-year college, university, or certificate based program
• ARRT registered or registry eligible
• State of Maine Radiography License
• BCLS certification