Department: Imaging – York Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8a – 430p
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 40
At York, we're more than just a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. At York Hospital, our commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all. Just a stone’s throw from the Atlantic Ocean and the New Hampshire border, our community hospital is licensed for 79 beds, maintains six community sites, and enjoys an affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital.
York Hospital is currently seeking a Radiologic Technology Aide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Staff members provide care appropriate to the condition and age of patients, including geriatric, pediatric and general population. Staff is responsible for the care and safety of patients and maintaining patient confidentially at all times. Staff is responsible for communicating the mission and vision of the hospital as well as developing effective working relationships with patients, physicians and path members.
- Adheres to teamwork, accountability, and professionalism in the workplace
- Works closely with the x-ray tech, to ensure a steady and efficient patient throughput
- Answers incoming phone calls
- Registers imaging patients
- Orders patient imaging exams
- Prepares patient for imaging exam
- Tracks-out imaging exams in hospital EMR system
- Scans documents and stamps studies in PACS
- Educates patient on procedures and answer any questions, within their scope
- Monitors patients at all times while providing care
- Operates necessary equipment including, but not limited to, wheelchairs, stretchers, beds
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment for promoting good safety habits for patients and coworkers
- Maintains and reports on equipment status
- Helps monitor inventory
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Required Licensed/Certification/Registration: None
- BLS certification obtained within 1 month of hire and maintained thereafter.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.