Department: Family Practice – Long Sands
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M-F, variable
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have a new opening for an experienced Practice Manager to manage our York Family Practice. This is a full time, salaried position and is located in York, Maine.
The Practice Manager will be responsible for the direct management of the York Hospital (assigned) Practices in accordance with the goals and objectives of the York Hospital organization. The Practice Manager in collaboration with the Physician Leads is the vital link between the mission and vision of YH and the delivery of safe patient and family centered care that is compassionate, timely, effective, and efficient and of the highest quality and patient experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manages the daily operations of the assigned practices.
• Hires, coaches/trains and evaluates practice support staff. Ensures effective training and support of staff members. Creates and maintains staff accountability within the Practice setting.
• Oversees the budgeting process for the practice(s) to plan for capital needs, practice development and growth opportunities. Demonstrates an understanding of the Hospital's financial goals and initiatives and manages the practice in a fiscally responsible manner. Provides monthly financial reporting for the practice(s) and data analysis as needed.
• Ensures effective appointment scheduling and efficient workflow to maximize provider productivity and patient access.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient/customer experiences, we need you to have the following:
• Bachelors' or Masters' degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration strongly preferred. Successful practice management experience may substitute for formal education.
• (5) Or more yrs. related experience in a physician practice environment, preferably as a manager or supervisor of a hospital owned practice preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development.
• Requires a high level of organizational skills, effective time management and delegation strategies that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing practice and organizational needs.