Department: Laboratory – York Hospital
Schedule: Full-time 36 hrs/wk
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M-F 7a-3:30p
Hours / Pay Period: 72
At York Hospital, we’re more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers’ commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
York Hospital has a new opening for a Point of Care & Outreach Specialist in our Laboratory. This is a full time, 36hrs/wk position and is located in York, Maine.
The Point of Care & Outreach Specialist is responsible for the following:
• Performs a variety of laboratory services including overall coordination of the quality functions of the Outreach laboratories and in-house POC testing.
• Responsible for implementing start-up and ongoing operation of new outreach programs and for the development and coordination of outreach laboratory services.
• For aiding Physician offices with testing, General Laboratory technical bench work, specimen processing, clerical duties, courier services, distribution, patient services and other team responsibilities under the direction of a Board Certified Pathologist.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient/customer service experiences, we are looking for candidates with the following experience:
• Bachelor/Associates Degree in Medical Technology or Bachelor Degree in scientifically related field.
• 5 years of clinical laboratory experience.
• Required Licensed/Certification/Registration: MT/MLT (ASCP) is desirable.
• Familiarity with CLIA regulations and CAP a must.