Department: Patient Quality
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Full Time 40 hours per week
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we’re more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers’ commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
York Hospital has a new position for an experienced Performance Improvement Specialist. This is a full time, 40hrs/wk position working Mon â€“ Fri. 8am -4:30pm but may require flexibility. This position is located in York, Maine.
The Performance Improvement Specialist is responsible for gathering and evaluating clinical data from the organization. This position is also responsible for monitoring and managing core measures and other quality improvement care processes. The Performance Improvement Specialist interprets performance and shares outcomes with Medical Staff, patient care services staff, and leaders to promote compliance with outcome expectations. This position works under the direction of the Lead of Quality and Risk Management and the Chief of Quality.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assists in identifying and monitoring hospital-wide performance measures that ensure optimal patient care with emphasis on compliance with Federal/State Licensure regulations.
• Collects and analyzes performance measures for the York Hospital system and submits reports to external agencies.
• Performs chart reviews for the CMS and other public reporting agencies and provides statistical/trending data on a monthly or quarterly basis to appropriate departments, committees, or Medical Staff.
• Maintains a database for Physician Quality Profiles and works in conjunction with the Medical Staff Coordinator to ensure inclusion of this information during the reappointment process.
• Assigns the following Medical Staff quality reviews :
• Clinical Peer Review- per the Medical Staff identified criteria
• Meets with various project leaders to perform a needs assessment regarding specific data that is needed for the success of the initiatives.
• Collaborates with project leaders to close any gaps in data collection.
• Assists the Compliance/Risk Coordinator in preparing for surveys by external regulatory agencies.
• Assigned to committee meetings as needed
• Member of the Quality committee and assumes the following duties:
• Maintains a database for hospital-wide performance measures
• Maintains a monthly department reporting schedule
• Assists in developing monthly agenda
• Other duties as assigned.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient/customer experiences, we need candidates with the following:
• Accurate computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to be self-motivated in performing job duties, able to set priorities, and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to complete work within an appropriate time frame.
• Ability to channel quality concerns to Compliance/Risk Coordinator, Leaders or others as appropriate.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, patient-related data and employee information via verbal, written and electronic format.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with hospital staff and medical staff to ensure optimal quality/performance improvement processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent clinical degree
• Three years of hospital clinical experience.
• Training in performance improvement, total quality management or continuous quality improvement preferred.