Department: Cath Lab
Schedule: Full Time 40hrs/wk
Shift: Day Shift
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
The Nursing Director is responsible for ongoing leadership and operations of a clinical department and for nursing care, safety, and quality. The Nursing Director uses sound human resource and financial management principles and techniques to guide the provision of nursing services to patients and families. The Nursing Director supports comprehensive patient and family services through effective participation with the interdisciplinary team. Collaborates with physicians for the implementation of policies, procedures, standards, and regulations for the departments to facilitate optimal nursing care. Assumes 24-hour responsibility, authority, and accountability for patient care activities and service operation.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. Masters in Health Care Business Administration considered.
- Three years progressive management/leadership experience required
- Five years progressive management/leadership experience preferred
- Previous experience as a Director preferred