Department: Older Adult House Calls
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M – F
On-Call Requirements: TBD
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
Outpatient/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
York Hospital, an independent community hospital in the charming, seaside town of York, Maine, is seeking a Family or Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner to fill a unique and highly rewarding role as an Older Adult House Call Nurse Practitioner. The Older Adult House Call team aims to serve the York community by providing home visit to patients over the age of 55, who struggle to leave the home for follow up with their primary care providers. The Older Adult House Call Provider does not assume the role as primary care provider, and instead works collaboratively with the patients existing primary care team to provide comprehensive care at the home setting. This role is supported by fellow Older Adult House Call advanced practice providers, an Older Adult House Call RN, administrative staff, SW, local home care and hospice teams.
York Hospital is well- respected for clinical excellence and industry leading patient experience.
We offer a full array of supporting services in a comfortable, caring environment. A dedicated team of comprised of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistant and administrative staff support the Outpatient Medicine service. Our culture encourages strong, collegial relationships across all levels of staff.
- 48 Adult Medicine Beds: 5 Maternity, 5 ICU
- 13 bed ED
- Well established outpatient community clinics
- All family medicine and internal medicine practices are NCQA PCMH certified
- Wide range of specialty services within the hospital network including OBGYN
- Inpatient support by excellent hospitalist program
- Wide array of laboratory and imaging services
- Full-time, hospital employed;
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Monday–Friday, 5 days/week including 1 administrative day
- NO on call hours
- License to practice as an Advanced Practitioner Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Maine
- Must possess an active and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must have current, unrestricted, Maine licensure in progress and be active on date of hire
- Current, unrestricted federal and, as needed, state prescriptive authority
- 2-5 years of experience is preferred, however new graduates are welcome to apply with strong clinical references.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
York and its surrounding communities are quintessential New England, loaded with charm, character, and wonderful neighbors. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent schools and a safe environment, making it a great place to call home and to raise a family. Conveniently situated only 10 minutes from the small seaport city of Portsmouth, NH, just over an hour from Boston, and two hours from the mountains of New England, you’ll never lack for activities, (indoor or out), when enjoying your free time.
Please contact Jan Moore in the Recruiting Office at email@example.com if your hope is to care for patients in the York community.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER