Department: Imaging – York Hospital
Schedule: Full-time 36 hrs/wk
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Mon 1pm-5pm, Tues-Friday 9am-5pm
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life
York Hospital Currently has an opening for a MRI Tech Aide, some essential functions of this role include:
- Assist MRI Technologist with administrative duties
- Prepare patient paperwork for MRI Technologist and Radiologist to review
- obtaining and communicate with physician offices to correct orders
- Verify appropriate authorization is in place and valid
- Calling patients for prescreening
- Monitoring the MRI schedule for changes
- Escort patient to and from the waiting and/or from the ED and Inpatient floors
- Assist Technologist in setting up the room and maintaining a clean and well stocked environment
- As necessary assist with changing patient to MRI compatible clothing and obtaining Symptoms/History
- As necessary assist technologist with positioning patient in MRI.
We require our MRI Tech Aide to have a High School Diploma or equivalent. BLS/CPR certification or complete course upon hire. Prior Radiology, CNA or medical office experience preferred.