Department: Imaging – York Hospital
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Day Shift
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 48
York Hospital is a non-profit 501(c)(3) 79-bed hospital with five community sites and 13 physician practices. We use a loving-kindness approach to offer exceptional care in a healing environment. From primary and preventive care and diagnostic testing to specialized medicine and surgical specialties to rehabilitation and care at home, York Hospital is known for its passion for centering care around patients and families, and providing unbelievable experiences for all.
The Medical Records Representative is a welcoming presence to help provide a wonderful waiting room experience for patients and families. The candidate that fills this role will have a daily opportunity to fulfill a variety of requests relative to patient care and medical record needs, as well as help to maintain the efficiency and well-being of the Imaging Team. We are looking for a candidate that has a natural desire to be helpful and kind, can quickly anticipate the needs of others, and has a genuine love for providing patients with care above and beyond what might be expected.
- Provide a warm welcome to every patient and family.
- Help to ensure a safe, timely, and pleasant patient waiting room experience
- Perform image and report sharing (copying discs and reports to be mailed or given directly to patients, sending images electronically to outside facilities via PACS, and requesting imaging studies from outside facilities when needed).
- Serve as a patient advocate and liaison.
- Invite patients to join the Relay Health Portal (and proactively provide support).
- Fluent navigation (once trained) of the systems and applications associated with the Imaging and Medical Records Departments (McKesson PACS and Paragon, eClinical Works, HPF-OneContent, Health Info. Net, etc.).
- Answer phone calls and emails with a genuine intention to be kind and helpful.
- Maintain open lines of communication with radiologists, technologists, and the centralized registration and medical records teams.
- Provide and explain exam “preparation kits” as needed.
- Management and entry of exam orders.
- Help prepare for the arrival of Interventional Radiology patients
- Assist with reminder phone calls.
- Assist with all other clerical requests as needed.
York Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.