Department: Environmental Services- York Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
On-Call Requirements: Yes-6 week rotation
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Maintenance worker. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. The hours for this position are weekdays, but does require some weekend, second shift, and occasional overtime.
The Maintenance worker will be responsible for the following:
- Servicing and repairing a variety of complex equipment as well as responding to emergency calls for repairs.
- Documenting and managing work orders and completing administrative tasks.
- Assists with security issues and plays an active role in emergency response planning as well as emergency response activities as required.
- Shares responsibilities for York Hospital's waste management, recycling and emergency spill procedures for solid, organic, hazardous, universal, biomedical, pathological and cytotoxic waste streams.
- Responds to all maintenance calls and shares on-call duties.
- Assists with snow removal and other duties as needed.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient/customer experiences, we will need you to have the following:
- Have excellent customer service skills and be able to converse with patients and their family members.
- Minimum (3) or more years of professional maintenance experience.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.