Department: Special Procedures
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M-F, 8 hour day shifts
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Weekend Requirements: No Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital is seeking a candidate to join the Special Procedures Team who assists in delivering direct patient care in the procedure setting. The Endoscopy Technician prepares and helps run equipment while maintaining a sterile field necessary for gastroenterology procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares room and equipment, such as scopes, before and after procedures.
- Supports and assists physicians and registered nurses with procedures as directed.
- Verifies equipment is functioning and performs safety checks.
- Collects specimens during the procedures according to policy and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Personal Qualities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Medical Assisting or Surgical Technology preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare Providers through American Heart Association required.
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience as an endoscopy technician preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read and understand work related documents.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic understanding of practices and concepts related to gastroenterology procedures.
- Must be able to maintain BLS certification.
- Able to work flexible hours.