Department: Emergent Care:Non Physicians
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift
Hours: 7pm to 7am
On-Call Requirements: no
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 72
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have an opening for an ED Technician. Applicants should have prior experience in the medical field (CNA, MA, ED Tech, EMT). This is a summer temporary position working variable shifts in the Emergency Room in both our York and Wells Emergency Department sites. Current BLS certification required
The Emergency Department Technician is responsible for:
- Answering call bells at the nursing station and directing calls to appropriate staff members
- Direct Patient Care–to include assisting with ADL's, performing EKGs, obtaining vital signs, assisting with procedures
- Processing physician orders
- Patient transport
- Patient sitting
- General Office duties as needed
In order to continue providing excellent patient care we need you to have the following:
- Minimum (1) or more years of medical office and/or clinical experience.
- Be self directed.
- Excellent customer service and computer skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment all while having great attention to detail.
- Be flexible.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.