Department: Family Care
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: M-F Days
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Family Care. This is a full time, Director level position and is located in York, Maine.
The Directory of Family Care is accountable for the delivery of consistent, high quality patient care, promoting the development and satisfaction of nursing and support staff, providing operating efficiencies and insuring compliance with hospital and regulatory policies and standards of practice for their areas of responsibility.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management of clinical nursing practice; patient care delivery; management of human, fiscal, and other resources; development of personnel; compliance with regulatory and professional standards; strategic planning; and fostering interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within a unit(s) or area(s) of responsibility and the institution as a whole.
- Implementing the philosophy, goals and standards of the hospital and nursing service at the unit-level.
- Allocating available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice.
- Promoting shared decision making and professional autonomy by providing input – their own and that of their staff into executive level decisions, and by keeping staff informed of executive level activities and vice versa.
- Designs and implements structures, systems and standards for improved patient care delivery.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences, we need you to have the following:
- Minimum (5) years of Director level experience in a large medical center. Hospital experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Master's degree is preferred.
- Outstanding Leadership skills.
- Excellent project development and management skills.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- State of Maine RN License.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.