Department: Dining and Nutrition
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: As Needed
On-Call Requirements: NO
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
York Hospital is currently seeking a Dining & Nutrition Coordinator.
The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position is a member of the Dining and Nutrition Services group and is principally responsible for working closely with the Director of Dining Services, Lead Dietitian, Kitchen Coordinator & Administrative Assistant to assist in the overall supervision of the daily operations in the kitchen. The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator is also directly engaged in supervising all other kitchen and café staff on all food related activities. The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator is directly responsible for all food products that are prepared in the kitchen by all staff and sees that all food products are being prepared correctly and in the most nutritious way following standardized recipes. The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator responsible for overseeing that all daily prep assignments for all cooks are completed correctly and in a timely manner. The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for all kitchen cleanliness and oversees that all standard sanitation practices are being followed at all times.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position must demonstrate exceptional culinary skills, exceptional customer service skills, strong supervisory skills, effective verbal and written communication skills and be able to dialogue with customers, patients and staff in a professional respectful manner.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position must be able to demonstrate through knowledge best cooking practices and sanitation practices for the entire kitchen area including all coolers, storage areas, prep areas and cooking equipment.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position must be able to understand the hospitals policies and procedures for emergencies and disasters as well as understand all hospital color coded emergency codes.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position must understand how to operate all kitchen equipment in relation to their responsibilities such as ovens, steamers, char broiler, flat top grill, gas burners and be able to train all staff on proper use.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator r position must possess good judgment and have the ability to understand processes and participate in collective efforts to improve processes throughout the operation.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position must participate in monthly meetings with The Director of Dining Services to assess daily operations and give input for continued growth and success.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position must understand food and labor costs as it relates to achieving goals for 6 month budget period.
- The Dining & Nutrition Coordinator position is required to possess a high school diploma or GED, Associates degree preferred or a minimum of 3 years kitchen supervisory experience, a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and must be Serv-Safe certified.