Department: Dining and Nutrition
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Variable hours
On-Call Requirements: NO
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Weekend Rotation
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, We are a Community. For Life.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Cook in our Dining & Nutrition Team located within the hospital in York, Maine.
COMPETITIVE WAGES AND EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE AVAILABLE!
The Cook is a member of the Dining and Nutrition Services Team and is principally responsible for working closely Director of Dining Services to coordinate and prepare attractive, nutritious, and safely prepared food for patients and dining room visitors. The Cook also works closely with the Dietitians and Dietitian's Assistants to ensure that prepared food meets guidelines for modified diets for inpatients.
· Education: High school degree or equivalent preferred.
· License/Certifications: ServSafe certification preferred.
· Experience: One year of specialized culinary training or previous experience in a similar setting preferred. Two year institutional or retail cooking experience preferred.
· Organizational ability and good communication skills necessary.
· Ability to read, write and follow written and oral communication.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.