Department: Clinical Education
Schedule: Full Time 40hrs/wk
Shift: Day Shift
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Clinical Staff Educator.
The Clinical Staff Educator is a Masters prepared nurse whose practice is in nursing education. This individual provides leadership for the support and development of all clinical staff, working collaboratively with each team to develop, implement, conduct and evaluate a broad range of in-service programs, orientation and continued education.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participates and/or provides leadership in the development of clinical standards of practice, continued professional advancement, patient safety and achievement of patient outcomes across the continuum using regulatory and quality requirements that foster safe evidenced based quality care.
- Collaborates on clinical perspectives as a member of interdepartmental committees, task forces and quality teams.
- Is responsible for assessing the competencies of the nursing staff, promoting life-long learning, along with documenting the competence of the nursing staff.
- Serves as System Administrator of HealthStream Learning Center (HLC).
- Continually updates, monitors data and generates assignments in HealthStream system.
- In conjunction with Subject Matter Experts within each department, creates new courses using instructional design methods and HLC authoring software.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional staff education, we're looking for you to have these skills:
- Masters in Nursing
- an active State of Maine or Compact State RN license
- ACLS, BLS & PALS certified (Instructor status preferred).
- Proficient with the Nurse/Physician Protocol.
- Acquires and maintains ongoing professional education in the field of practice or degree program.
- Recent experience in an acute care setting, ICU or Med Surg