Department: Environmental Services- York Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Salary Position
On-Call Requirements: YES
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital has a new opening for a full-time Clinical Engineer for our Bio-Med department in York, Maine.
Qualifications & Personal Qualities:
Bachelor’s degree in biomedical, electrical, mechanical, or other related field and three (3) to four (4) years’ experience in the selection, testing, repair, and management of clinical/radiological instrumentation in a hospital setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (l) year of experience should have been in a supervisory capacity for a technical service operation.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of operation.
Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in the selection, testing, repair, and management of clinical/radiological instrumentation in a hospital setting, and eligibility and/or certification in clinical engineering.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of clinical/radiological instrumentation, biomedical engineering principles and clinical applications
- Technical knowledge to repair
- Maintain and calibrate the most sophisticated equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of current codes and standards governing equipment in a health care setting
- Some knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Considerable interpersonal skill
- Oral and written communication skills
- Some supervisory ability
Qualifications & Personal Qualities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is accountable for acting as a working supervisor and manage subject matter that is expert for biomedical technician and medical equipment specialists assigned to the repair, maintain, and/or service as forms of medical and radiological equipment. This position acts as the technical liaison between biomedical clinical engineering and the information technology department.
- Plans clinical/radiology maintenance and repair workflow and determines priorities; schedules, assigns, oversees, and reviews work.
- Establishes and maintains procedures; provides staff training and assistance.
- Conducts or assists in conducting performance evaluations of subordinate staff
- Acts as liaison with operating units, agencies, and outside officials regarding clinical use of medical equipment throughout the organization.
- Ensures the maintenance of biomedical inventory and compliance with preventative maintenance program.
- Prepares reports and correspondence for clinical engineering department.
- Develops and presents technical educational and safety programs to hospital personnel as it pertains to medical equipment.
- Assists with planning and budget projections for service costs and needed resources.
- Monitors repair and testing activities to assure completion of performance assurance testing and preventive maintenance.
- Performs as project manager on special projects as necessary; coordinates technical aspects of new clinical and radiological instrumentation equipment evaluations and purchases.
- Provides technical expertise in design/layout of equipment and rooms from pre-construction phases to final start-up.
- Provides technical consultation to clinicians, including design/installation of special patient treatment aids.
- Maintains knowledge of current clinical care area codes and standards on medical equipment.
- Performs acquisition of parts, components, tools, instruments, and outside services.
- Ensures and maintain an electrical medical equipment safety program.
- Coordinates annual parts inventory; assists with planning and budget projects for instrumentation and/or medical equipment repair costs.
- Acts as technical resource/consultant to hospital administration and clinical personnel; performs related duties as required.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.