Department: Medical Surgical
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Variable hours
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Temporary Position: No
Weekend Requirements: Occasional Weekends
Hours / Pay Period: 80
At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have a new opening for an experienced Nursing Clinical Coordinator. This is a full time, salaried position working.
The Nursing Clinical Coordinator is a professional Registered Nurse responsible for ongoing supervision of a clinical department and for nursing care, safety and quality. This person is also responsible for simultaneous coordination and supervision of several functions, programs, or projects in various stages of completion. Duties performed involve weighing and evaluation factors requiring judgment, analytical ability and problem solving. The Nursing Clinical Coordinator is the first line support for staff, physicians and other related providers on service-specific clinical issues. The Nursing Clinical Coordinator collaborates with the Director on clinical and non-clinical issues (employee relations, individual behaviors, physician relationships, etc.). The Nursing Clinical Coordinator is the support for the unit/department/service when the director is unavailable.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Communicates effectively with physicians, members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, patients and families to access, develop, and carry out the comprehensive plan of care.
• Acts as a patient/family advocate.
• Assists peers in the delivery of patient care as requested and available when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed, acting as a clinical resource.
• Involves staff in projects that encourage and provide opportunities for professional development.
• Promotes cohesive work teams and constructive conflict resolution, actively supporting intra and inter-disciplinary teamwork, within the department and across the organization.
• Participates actively in improving nursing practice and professional development by integrating evidence-based knowledge into the identification of best practice in the delivery of nursing care to the appropriate population.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient/customer experiences, we need you to have the following:
• Minimum (5) or more years of Med Surg experience.
• 2-3 years of Leadership experience preferred.
• Active RN License.
• Specialty certification is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing is required.
YORK HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.