At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
York Hospital has a new opening for a Biomed Technician III (Manager) opening. This is a full time, salaried position working in York, Maine.
The Biomed Equipment Technician (BMET-II) performs and documents preventive maintenance and repair of general and/or specialized medical equipment and systems with minimal supervision from service management to perform required duties. The BMET II must demonstrate a working knowledge and use of required test equipment and the electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information, required to perform and document preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems, as assigned, in accordance with York Hospital Biomed Dept. procedures. The BMET II must demonstrate good organizational skills as well as good communications, interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with facility staff in accordance with established York Hospital personnel policies and procedures.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Requires a two-year degree in Electronics or equivalent training and/or experience
(e.g. military or other related experience).
• Minimum (5) years of experience in the service and maintenance of medical equipment.
• Minimum of (1) year service management or equivalent experience required.
• Exceptional organizational skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Driver's license – Must maintain a valid driver's license in the state of operation